I just read this post by Daniel Franklin, a blogger who I subscribe to and read interesting posts.
Hmm.. it just hit me that my first exam starts next Tuesday and it ‘had’ to start with Psychology! hm..
well these are the problems that I am facing…
- Next Weds is my presentation and report submission for Marketing Management.
- Next Thursday is a Christmas play conducted by IAA70, and I am in the mids of writing the scenes so that this coming Thursday myself and 3 others will be writing up scripts for the cast to act in.
- I haven’t really read through my Psychology notes either!
Crazy week ahead and also the starting of the exams!
Woah… I almost forgot that my parents we going on a day trip to PD to collect rent from a tenant and my brother is at some Student Council event in Subang. I am HOME ALONE! Watching the AFC (Asian Food Channel)!
Hehe.. its always soo good to enjoy peace “once in awhile”. 😀
Tonight is going to be so busy. Leaving home at 4:30 p.m to go to church. then after service there is gong to be practice for African nite till God knows what time! Then I am going for a Worshop by the Star tomorrow from 8:30 a.m to 5:30 p.m!
Crap! I skipped my first ever Marketing Management class .. sad…cause was rushing an assignment that was due today. Thank God Ms. Jenny was such a sweet heart and allowed us to submit a soft copy by midnight 😀 Mayb cause she is Indon. Indon people are much much nicer than Us MAlaysians!
Yea so was rushing it from9 a.m till 6 p.m!
Ms Jenny was like. allowing 7 out of 12 to complete the assignment during class. What did the other 5 do? Well They got to do a class essay! HAHAH!!!
Well we had thisother assignment. Both Due on the same day. Now I really don’t care about today! Just enjoy the rest of the night and enjoy creating sets for the Christmas Play.
Too busy to go to bed? Having trouble getting quality sleep once you do? Your health may be at risk.
You may literally have to add it to your to-do list, but scheduling a good night’s sleep could be one of the smartest health priorities you set. It’s not just daytime drowsiness you risk when shortchanging yourself on your seven to eight hours. Possible health consequences of getting too little or poor sleep can involve the cardiovascular, endocrine, immune and nervous systems. In addition to letting life get in the way of good sleep, between 50 and 70 million Americans suffer from a chronic sleep disorder—insomnia or sleep apnea, say—that affects daily functioning and impinges on health. Consider the research:
1) Less may mean more. For people who sleep under seven hours a night, the fewer zzzz’s they get, the more obese they tend to be, according to a 2006 Institute of Medicine (IOM) report. This may relate to the discovery that insufficient sleep appears to tip hunger hormones out of whack. Leptin, which suppresses appetite, is lowered; ghrelin, which stimulates appetite, gets a boost.
2) You’re more apt to make bad food choices. A study published in the October 15, 2008 issue of the Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine found that people with obstructive sleep apnea or other severely disordered breathing while asleep ate a diet higher in cholesterol, protein, total fat, and total saturated fat. Women were especially affected.
3) Diabetes and impaired glucose tolerance, its precursor, may become more likely. A 2005 study published in the Archives of Internal Medicine found that people getting five or fewer hours of sleep each night were 2.5 times more likely to be diabetic, while those with six hours or fewer were 1.7 times more likely.
4) The ticker is put at risk. A 2003 study found that heart attacks were 45 percent more likely in women who slept for five or fewer hours per night than in those who got more.
5) Blood pressure may increase. Obstructive sleep apnea, for example, has been associated with chronically elevated daytime blood pressure, and the more severe the disorder, the more significant the hypertension, suggests the 2006 IOM report. Obesity plays a role in both disorders, so losing weight can ease associated health risks.
6) Auto accidents rise. As stated in a 2007 report in the New England Journal of Medicine, nearly 20 percent of serious car crash injuries involve a sleepy driver—and that’s independent of alcohol use.
7) Balance is off. Older folks who have trouble getting to sleep, who wake up at night, or are drowsy during the day could be 2 to 4.5 times more likely to sustain a fall, found a 2007 study in the Journal of Gerontology.
8) You may be more prone to depression. Adults who chronically operate on fumes report more mental distress, depression, and alcohol use. Adolescents suffer, too: One survey of high school students found similarly high rates of these issues. Middle schoolers, too, report more symptoms of depression and lower self-esteem.
9) Kids may suffer more behavior problems. Research from an April issue of the Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine found that children who are plagued by insomnia, short duration of sleeping, or disordered breathing with obesity, for example, are more likely to have behavioral issues like attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
10) Death’s doorstep may be nearer. According to three large studies published in the journals Sleep and the Archives of General Psychiatry, people over age 30 who slept five hours or less per night had approximately a 15 percent greater risk of dying—regardless of the cause—over the periods studied, which ranged from six to 14 years.
Interesting article… but I am forced to sleep late cause my soccer games are late, come back late from college so no time to do assignments and read through notes except till in the wee hrs in the morning! So I got excuse but of course not good for health la!
Woah I came back 2 hrs ago, from a wonderful party. People had the impression that all 21st birthdays have to be extravagant classy and so much money spent, just like those “spoiled brats” on that MTV show, Sweet 16.
Well I came from a 21st birthday which was simple yet I feel was more realistic and also way more of a personal touch with a bunch of Sarah’s closest friends which I prefer! there were 38 of us at Sarah’s house in Subang. I was like WOAH! 38 people! Deng the cooks will have lots of hungry stomachs to feed!
One phrase of the food. IT TASTED SO GOOD!
Gosh! Sarah and her siblings are so blessed to eat wonderful glorious food everyday! The meal today consisted of Roast Lamb Leg, two I must say, roasted potatoes, traditional Spaghetti meatballs with bolognese sauce, garden salad, capsicums with cheese and last but not least home made Chocolate cake served with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream !
As all professional chefs love to say, that it is always good to keep things simple and it always becomes delicious, and it was evident today that the food was made with love and care and certainly did hit the spot! It was a hearty and delicious meal and I wanna say it was such a joy to eat. Confession: I had 3 helpings of food, but only one of cake cause I was so darn full!
I was suppose to give Sarah’s mum a hand in the kitchen but pity it suddenly poured down with rain like there’s no tomorrow! God ! It was FREAKIN JaM!! I had to send out an sms to Sarah that I was not able to arrive on time as I was stuck like a sardine in a can!
Ahh…btw Sarah’s mum was my mum’s friend back when they were in Canada studying! Hmm. It would be interesting to sit down with Sarah’s fam and mine for dinner one day hahah! Since both fathers are golf enthusiast and both mum’s cook great food and have wonderful families 😀 haha
After the dinner, we had performances by a few people including Amanda, Grace and myself! God it was spontanious and I couldnt sing cause I had cake down my throat! Remembering what Liang told me: dont eat stuff with choc or milk! Not good for throat when going to sing!”
All in all it was a great night! Sarah when u read this I wanna tell u. thank you and your family for inviting me to your lovely home, and thank you for including me for your belated 21st birthday celebration and it has been great knowing you, and your note that I wrote to you is safely stored away and will pass it to you on Saturday!
Happy Belated Birthday again!
Ahh I haven’t Tagged in awhile, but yea I got tagged by Dionne last night!
Remove one question from below and add in your personal question. Make a total of 20 questions and tag 8 people. List them out at the end of the post. Notify them in their cbox that they’ve been tagged. Whoever does the tag will have blessings from all.
1. What’s your ambition?
To be a chef and own my own restaurant!
2. Who is more important to you? Friends or boy/girlfriend?
To me friends and a girlfriend are equally important in my life, as having a girlfriend to share my life more and having friends to share my life with strolling along life’s journey’s together
3. How often do you think of committing suicide?
Never! Why I don’t have a reason to do so, I am having the time of my life!
4. Do you think you have enough confidence?
I guess that if you have a positive mind set to the task at hand and give your very best no matter what then Yes! I have Confidence!
5. Do you believe that what goes around comes around?
Yea I do, I guess its good to treat someone like how you would treat yourself in that situation.
6. What is your goal for next year?
Better time management and lose weight!
7. Do you believe in eternity love?
Well I know God has eternal love for me and everyone in the world no matter what we do.
8. What’s a perfect girlfriend/boyfriend like to you? (List 10)
Well a perfect girlfriend is one who is like me, not perfect! Someone who can enjoy life to the fullest, someone who can always share life experiences with, someone who I relate to and such and such!
9. What’s a worst girlfriend/boyfriend like to you?
One who cheats, steals, using the boyfriend as a ‘door mat’, not faithful at all and not being honest.
10.What feeling do you love most?
11. What is your bad habit?
Off and on I bite my fingernails and procrastination!
12. Is there anything you wanna tell the people who hates you?
Well what ever I did wrong that made u hate me, my sincere apologies. I did it with no intention but dotell me about it who ever you are.
13. Do you cherish every single friendship of yours?
Yes of course, as long as they do the same.
14. What does flying means to you?
Freedom, joy, having no boundries!
15. What do you currently crave for the most?
I crave for different things all the time and depending on what I need, but I am now craving for the Chopper DiMarzio pickup on my guitar.
16. Have you ever regretted any decisions that you have made? If yes, briefly describe it.
Yes, I regretted buying guitar gears from someone I trusted especially when he was my guitar mentor and sold me Digitech pedals and said that they were good, but that time I was still new to the guitar world. I should have consulted a friend I trust and since that day I have learnt my lesson and I get the right advice from that friend and also from my research.
17. Describe the person who tagged you in 7 words.
Fun, cute, pretty, beautiful, confident, happy, vibrant
18.What have you done to yourself to make yourself happy?
Reward myself with something that I crave for or something that I desire!
19. What will you become in another 10 years?
In a relationship, a good income and secure job, overseas, maybe even married!
20. What would you do when you are lonely?
Surf the internet, organize my room, play the guitar and others which I can’t think off my head!
I tag all my friends who have a blog and who just finished reading this post! Gogogo!