I had multiple playlists that I’ve made since I started running. Mixed them up a little so that I could still run without being routine and also keeping some of the key songs that would “power” and keep me running.
Till today, I find music a great distraction and something to focus on while running in continuous circles like a race car in a NASCAR circuit, the lyrics, the driving guitar riffs, the beating of the drums. Helps me in my imagination when I run, either a train, a horse, running away from zombies etc, and also to keep my head on the carrot in front of me, thinking of more ideas in writing songs or just purely music in general to keep my momentum during the run.
Without music I think the run will be a totally different journey all together.
The playlists that I usually create has a mixture of genres, tones, speed, and feel. Thus, to make my run more dynamic. This playlist however, is more consistent with just one or two genres. Usually this happens when I’m stressed out and I need some harder music do my runs and workouts to quicken my pace to work harder.
Nike+ workout playlist | 16 June’12 :
- Gimme nothing – Kyoto Protocol
- Forfeiture – House vs. Hurricane
- Cast the first stone – We Came As Romans
- I keep my secrets safe – Saosin
- Surrogates – I,Revival
- Blessed with a curse – Bring Me The Horizon
- My life for hire – A Day To Remember
- Dreams – We Came As Romans
- These wolves are made of wool – Azure for Janne
- The eleventh hour – August Burns Red
- Moment – Rosevelt
- I can’t make your decisions for you – We Came As Romans
- If you can’t hang – Sleeping with Sirens
- Comforting our thoughts in a continuous blue – House vs. Hurricane
- A war inside – We Came As Romans
- Crossroads – I, Revival
- Meddler – August Burns Red
- Youngbloods – The Amity Affliction
- Thrones – Azure for Janne
- We are rockstars – Does If Offend You, Yeah?
- Stay alive – I, Revival
- Warrior (Southern Arrowwood) – Secret and Whisper
- H.M.A.S Lookback – The Amity Affliction
- 2nd sucks – A Day To Remember
- Catch myself catching myself – Underoath
- Sing it rock & roll – Oh Chentaku
- With a heavy heart (I regret to inform you) – Does It Offend You, Yeah?
- The only virtue – House vs. Hurricane
Ending this post which I’ve had the privilege to sing in the bridge of the song. Check out Azure for Janne (here).